150 YEARS OF HIGHER AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION IN TRANSYLVANIA, 1869 – 2019

Emil Luca

Abstract


The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca, ranked today among the most prestigious universities in the country and in Europe, celebrates this year, 2019, 150 years of productive existence!
The School of Agronomy of Cluj laid its foundations in 1869, when the Institute of Agronomic Studies was established, during the reign of Emperor Franz Joseph (1830-1916) as Transylvania belonged at the time to the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. The new higher school counted on a dowry consisting in 730 acres (420 hectares) of land taken from the Roman Catholic status and from the buildings around the old Benedictine Monastery on ″Dealul Craiului″ (nowadays the location belonging to the university).


Keywords


USAMV, Cluj, Romania

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15835/agrisp.v109i1-2.13413



Copyright (c) 2019 Emil Luca

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

AGRICULTURA
AcademicPres
University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
3-5 Manastur St., 400372 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Tel: +40-264-596.384 | Fax: +40-264-593.792 
agricultura.journal.usamvcluj@gmail.com